Thursday, June 30, 2011

Muslim woman sues Abercrombie & Fitch over hijab


Now that has to be one of the most foolish statements I’ve heard in a long time. ”No worker should have to choose between their religion and their job.” Are you serious??? Is there a more ignorant statement??? WOW!!!!
Being a Conservative Christian, if I wanted to work at a ‘Gentleman’s Club’ I would have to choose between my religion and the job. I don’t think what goes on in a ‘Gentleman’s Club’ is in accordance with God’s Word. And I DON’T have the RIGHT or FREEDOM to file a law suit trying to force the said club to change it’s business just so I can work their. There is a choice to be made but it’s not in whether I want to file a law suit or not. The choice is, do I give up my Christian beliefs/practices/principles to work there or do I find another job? And this is the same choice this Muslim lady has to make. Does she follow her religious beliefs or does she find another job? The choice seems fairly easy, to me. But then I’m just an old Hillbilly/Redneck/Cajun that relies on ‘common sense‘ and that ain’t something that seems to be in great use, in these days and times.
Now I ain’t no fan of Abercrombie & Fitch, matter of fact I can’t stand the company because of it’s advertising programs. They, for the most part, are nothing but filth, trash, garbage, demeaning, exploitative, and any other adjective you can add that goes along this line of thought.
One example of exploitation they use:
What they are promoting with this type of advertising should not be tolerated by the public but we don’t need any ‘laws’ or ‘regulations’ to prohibit it. What should happen is a boycott of their stores and the loss of sales will convert into loss of profit, which in the long run will result in them dropping such programs or close the business.
But even with all of that, this woman, nor anyone else for that matter, has the right to tell the business how it will make it’s rules or write it’s employees handbook.
So if I’m on the jury, A&F are NOT GUILTY and this lady can pay legal expense and court cost. It’s just plain ridiculous and a waste of court time and she should serve some community service for wasting the court’s time. I mean she’s not employed so she doesn’t have anything else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment